Happy New Year Ya’ll! I’m EXCITED about 2011! 2010 was a year of continued hardship and struggle for our family, along with great joys and blessings. Quite the conundrum, yes?
But 2011, oh how I love the feeling of starting anew, with a blank slate so to speak. It’s like the joy of a brand new notebook, with pages blank and crisp, awaiting your lists, thoughts, plans and dreams. I try not to be too hard and fast with the resolutions, I try and live every day being a better person than the one before. I do set goals though, new year seems like as good of a time as any to be a benchmark for those.
My goals for 2011 so far haven’t taken complete shape, they’re still wide open and rather vague. They look something like this:
- Get better about planning meals..I’m horrible at it, but going to try harder.
- Continue on our mission to live and eat more locally, organically and sustainably, which goes hand in hand with the next 2;
- Make community connections-we’re finally SETTLED it’s time to start making friends!
- Continue working on our mini homestead-compost pile is in place, today the chicken coop is being built, to be inhabited in the next few days, in the spring we’ll work on our garden, as well as fencing in the side pasture for goats and sheep. We’re also considering one milk cow, but that needs more research!
- Continue growing Froggy Girl Designs. I learned alot last year, but I need to keep moving forward. I do have to keep in mind though that I’m a mama of 5, and home and family are more important than making a name for myself.
- Reclaim ME. For over a decade I’ve been either housing or feeding another human being with my body. We’re done having children (SOB ), so its time to get Mika back. This includes losing the weight I gained over the last year and a half from eating my emotions, making friends locally, and taking care of a few medical issues that have been nagging at me as well.
- Be a better mama. There are too many days I find myself existing, and not participating with my kiddos, and I hate it. I want to teach them well and love them better.
- Find out more about magazine submissions and publishing. I have a few ideas I need to polish up and figure out how to get them out there!
- Gradually move away from Etsy and focus solely on my Artfire shop. This is the big scary for me! Marketing is NOT my strong point!
So that’s kinda it in a nutshell for me for 2011. What about you, got your goals set? I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a FABULOUS year, don’t you?